Paseo Verde is a beach resort in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas. Pretty much a typical resort that offers day tour and overnight stay, when I say...

Paseo Verde Beach Resort- Laiya, San Juan, Batangas

March 01, 2021 Lagaw Eats 3 Comments

IMG_20210228_112509Paseo Verde is a beach resort in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas. Pretty much a typical resort that offers day tour and overnight stay, when I say 'typical' it was far from the other luxury resorts nearby all with infinity pools, elegant rooms, or a resort that offers chopper service, and yes there are many of that in Batangas. Sometimes I still wonder why rich people had themselves serviced by a chopper, I would still prefer a road trip passing the rice fields and greens in full view especially if you are just visiting Batangas, I just thought maybe they  always have busy schedules and had to manage their schedules all in the same day, probably? Anyhow, that's just a tiny question that popped up in my head as I'm writing this.  

Though we were not staying in a fancy resort. I enjoyed my time here, I was with my friends that I haven't seen for a while, roughly ten years that we have not seen each other, luckily we live in the social media era, poking them to say hi once in a while is just one click away, so this trip was relevant and special to me. We left Manila around 7am of a saturday morning, our Waze app routed us in the outskirt of Metro Manila, passing Taguig Bicutan-Sucat-Muntilupa all the way to the towns of Laguna. The supposed 3 to 4 hour drive turned longer than we expected, 7 hours to be exact. 

The resort's amenities were ok, not the best resort in Batangas but it's decent. The advantage of staying in a simple resort like this is you will not be bothered with tourist influx, it was quiet  and very relaxing, too. We bought food supplies in the market near the resort, nothing beats grilled fish and pork belly for lunch by the beach, partnered with iced cold soda and good catch-up laughs with friends, this the ideal beach getaway.   




FB_IMG_1614595980836

received_359697315066788

DSC_0366

DSC_0372_1

The major let down that I have to point out was the beach itself, I did not like the sand and its water, the texture of the sand as we went deeper was weird, I decided not to go deeper. If you are looking for a relaxing place with acceptable amenity standard you may consider booking the place, the pool was ok too, but if you are after a quality beach with crystal clear water and white sand, well I suggest you try your luck with other beach resorts in the area. 

We saw Paseo Verde's fb post with the video of the beach and its waters, it's decent and looked swimmable in the video but it was far different from what we experienced. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the season. 

BeautyPlus_20210228095824293_save

FB_IMG_1614596903754

received_425258058767476

received_479177406408294

I also wished they could give us more room options upon booking. When we inquired on their fb page they didn't give us other options when it comes to the accommodation, they just asked us the date and how many people were going, then gave us a room, so we paid. I figured maybe it could have been better if we have the list of all the rooms they have so in case there are changes we can easily alter and choose other options, I felt like we did not have the liberty to choose what was best for us and also for future references when decide to revisit in the future, at least we know the rates. 

I do not intend to question the booking process, I just couldn't understand why it was difficult for them to provide information other resorts had no problem giving, especially when we asked for it via direct message. Our room cost 7,000 good for 6 pax. 

If you are to ask me if I had a great time during my stay, definitely yes (with my friends of course). If you are to ask me, was it worthy for a 7k room? I would say no.

 

For inquiries and reservation you may dm their facebook age below: 

https://www.facebook.com/paseoverdebeachresortlaiyasanjuanbatangas/




3 comments:

  1. Hi! Did you need to show them medical certificates or what-not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the laaate response. This was February, back then they required med cert (from your barangay or from hospital). Hopefully it'll be that easy again.

      Cheers to more travels. 😎

      Delete
  2. Hope you could visit our best restaurant in manila in the future 🙂

    ReplyDelete