Café Apolonio sa Bahay na Bato is an underrated restaurant situated in Bustos Bulacan. The Restaurant has this unique genuine amb...

Cafe Apolonio- The antique restaurant in Bustos, Bulacan

October 08, 2018 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments

Cafe Apolonio








CafĂ© Apolonio sa Bahay na Bato is an underrated restaurant situated in Bustos Bulacan. The Restaurant has this unique genuine ambiance of the bygone generation from almost everything you see around the place, it will take you back to the distant past and imagine you’re part of it which I find really amusing. It was suggested by a blogger friend Karl of The Tursita Trails. At first I was reluctant to try it since I didn’t know how much the meals cost, I checked it out over the internet and the restaurant’s features were a bit intimidating, still, we took the opportunity since we were already there and just budgeted 1000Php for each of us for my peace of mind, you know when you’re not sure of the restaurants target market and you couldn’t go inside (it will cause shame once you checked the menu and found it’s expensive that  will leave you with no choice but to go out and find another cheaper restaurant) that’s something I would least want to happen. But again, I over calculated the worth of its menu and got surprised it was fairly inexpensive, since we budgeted 1k each imagine how we excessively ordered. 
Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio




We were wondering what this place conveyed back in the old generation, long before it became a themed restaurant. We make up some scene in our heads that maybe it was the old headquarter of Katipuneros or if Rizal had ever set foot to this place before, or maybe this place is just a typical Filipino house  back in the days. One thing is for sure, this place witnessed how our country evolved,  it chronologically witnessed the best and the worst times of our country. Now it stands to give dining pleasure to everyone, we didn't bother asking the owner and dig more information about the place as they were busy asisting other customers. We just enjoyed the meal. 
Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio
Sorry I couldn't share much of what we devoured. I just couldn't get enough of the restaurant, while waiting for our food to be served I just took tons of photos, oblivious of my camera's battery running out. Now I only have 2 shots of food taken, the rest were just good old memories now. We ordered sinigang, bagnet sisig, gambas, spicy beef caldereta, and leche flan for dessert. It was a mouthful banquet for the three of us. 
My favorite was the Sinigang. It was marvelous! I coudn't figure out what's in there but it wasn't a typical tamarind broth I tasted, we all know the taste of tamarind broth cube our mom uses for sinigang yeah? Probably they used a real tamarind or something similar to achieve that distinct taste. I am no expert to cooking so I'm not even sure of what I thought they put there. All I know is I enjoyed every bite and next time I set my foot on their resto I will surely order it again.





SAMPLE FOOD MENU


Groupies Meal
Good for 3-4 persons




Bicol Express- P140
Spicy Laing- P140
Chopsuey- P150
Binagoongang Bagnet- P150
Fish Fillet- P165
Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet- P165
Calamares- P190
Tinumis- P175
Fried Lapu-Lapu- P190
Sweet and Sour Pork- P175
Seafood Pinakbet- P185
Chinese Style Fried Chicken- P205
Hainanese Chicken- P205
Bagnet Sisig- P199
Sweet and Sour Lapu Lapu- P200
Sizzling Chili Squid- P200
Bangus Sisig- P225
Sinigang na Salmon Head sa Miso- P225
Sinigang na Baboy- P275
Spicy Beef Caldereta- P240
Beef Broccoli- P235
Shrimp Gambas- P250
Bulalo Steak- P250
Sinigang na Sugpo- P275
Seafood Kare-Kare- P275
Apolonio’s Bulalo- P299
Gambas y Champignon- P350
Pastel de Lengua- P400
Crispy Pata- P360
Lechon Kawali- P360
Pata Tim- P450
Beef Kare Kare- P450

Crispy Pata Kare Kare- P450




Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio Cafe Apolonio
I will give this place a ten out of ten rating for making our Bustos weekend escape more unforgettable. 
How to get there? 
·  Take a bus from Manila heading to Baliuag, Bulacan (Baliwag Transit) 75Php

·  Once reached Baliwag, walk toward Petron gas station. There you will find the tricycle station to Bustos and just tell the driver that you are heading to Cafe Apolonio sa Bahay na Bato. 75Php for the three of us. 

Gen. Alejo Santos Hwy
Bustos, Bulacan 3007
0917 300 7752
Operating hours
Hours 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

All the expenses on the articles posted were covered and shouldered by Lagaw Eats unless otherwise stated. The opinions and reviews for collaboration features were honest and no bias based on his experience.








0 comments: