I live nearby Vista Mall Taguig, that means I have an easier access to all the restaurants in the area. I reside in Ususan Taguig, and ...

Mang Rudy's Tuna Grill and Papaitan- TAGUIG

April 11, 2019 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments

Mang Rudy
I live nearby Vista Mall Taguig, that means I have an easier access to all the restaurants in the area. I reside in Ususan Taguig, and if you know this district of Taguig or at familiar of the establishments around, you can probably say that the townspeople are lucky when it comes to accessibility to all sort of markets. Banks, malls, coffee shops, milktea, pizza places, cozy resturants, grocery, vet clinic, remittance centers, convenience stores, salon, spa, executive subdivision, condos, etc, name it! everything is here.
Having to live in the area with abudance of food options, I don’t go for mainstream, you know all these fastfood chains I’m refering eh?
We tried Mang Rudy’s Tuna Grill and Papaitan, I bet it doesn’t ring a bell to most of you. It is a small restaurant located at the second floor of Vista Mall Taguig (near the Cinema) not sure if they got other branches here in Manila but I’m certain that it was my first time to try it.

I was expecting a typical Filipino restaurant with same list of menus like others, same food quality and all. You know that moment when you’re hungry and you want nothing else but to just eat, you’ll enter any restaurant that seem decent without expecting too much from it but here in Mang Rudy’s, surprisingly we got intrigued when we saw “Kambing” or goat meat in assortment of recipes, they have Kilawin na Kambing, Adobong Kambing, Sinampalukang Kambing and Papaitang Kambing, it is infrequent to see these on a menu list so we gave it a try.
Mang Rudy
We ordered Adobong Kambing, of course we had an idea of its taste, we were just curious of the meat since we never tried Adobo version of goat meat (I tried Calderetang Kambing before). It was so good, the meat was well-cooked and their adobo style was exactly how I wanted it, I just loved their version of Adobong Kambing. We also ordered Tuna Belly, barbecue and Pansit, I may sound as if I got these meals for free but believe me I didn’t, I like the pansit and the barbecue too, the pansit reminded me of the good old days when our neigbors would knock on the door to give us pansit from their birthday celebration, its taste was very traditional Filipino pansit reinvented with gourmet touch.
Mang Rudy Mang Rudy
SAMPLE MENU:

RICE SET MEALS
Served with Iced Tea or Coffee

Beef Tapsilog- 185
Longsilog- 175
Tosilog- 175
Hotsilog- 145

Pork Barbecue with garlic rice- 135
Boneless Bangus with garlic rice- 225
Crispy Dinuguan with rice- 225
Liempo with garlic rice- 210
Sizzling Pork Sisig with garlic rice- 210
Sizzling Tuna Sisig with garlic rice- 210
Bagnet Curry with garlic rice- 195
Pork Adobo with garlic rice- 195

SEAFOOD

Tuna Kinilaw- 270
Sinuglaw- 290
Tuna Fillet in Thai Sauce- 290
Sinigang na Tuna Belly- 300
Deep fried buntot ng tuna- 400
Tuna Panga- 499
Tuna Belly- 399
Tuna Sashiki- 250
Salmon Sashimi- 349
Sinigang na ulo ng Salmon- 295
Inihaw na pusit lumot- 400
Adobong Pusit- 225
Sinigang na hipon- 385

KAMBING (goat meat)

Kilawin na kambing- 250
Papaitang Kambing- 185
Adobong Kambing- 250
Sinampalukang Kambing- 380

CHICKEN

Fried Chicken (half)- 225
Fried Chicken (whole)- 390
Sinampalukang manok- 295
Chicken Adobo- 215
Buffalo Wings- 175
Sweet and Spicy Chicken- 235
Buttered Chicken (half)- 245
Buttered Chicken (whole)- 425

BEEF

Beef Papaitan- 185
Bistek- 245
Beef Tapa-245
Beef Caldereta- 295
Bulalo- 480

PORK

Pork Barbecue- 45/stick
Crispy Dinuguan- 265
Lechon Kawi- 210
Bicol Express- 195
Pork Adobo- 220
Dinakdakan- 245
Bagnet with Curry- 235
Inihaw na Liempo- 220
Sinigang na Lechon Kawali- 295
Crispy Pata- 595
Sweet and sour pork- 225

Mang Rudy’s Tuna Grill and Papaitan provides a pleasurable dining experience, so far, all the food I had reminds me of how my mom cook these dishes for me. If you want a restaurant that would make you feel you’re eating a home cooked meal, Mang Rudy’s is the perfect place for you. The price is fairly cheap for a good quality food service.

For inquiries and more details you may contact them thru the details below:


Mobile Number: 09178836421

Address: 2nd floor Vista Mall, Taguig City.

Lagaw Eats will continue searching for the best restaurants in the Philippines, always follow my food stories.

ll the expenses on the articles posted were covered and shouldered by Lagaw Eats unless otherwise stated. The opinions and reviews for collaboration features were honest and no bias based on his experience.

0 comments: