Cebu is more than just a diversed city, more than just people with beautiful faces (coz people here are really good looking), and not ...

Stay N Save Oslob and South Cebu itinerary

October 02, 2019 Lagaw Eats 1 Comments





LRM_EXPORT_9956507940130_20190901_223943420

Cebu is more than just a diversed city, more than just people with beautiful faces (coz people here are really good looking), and not just a Lechon Capital of the Philippines. Cebu also serves a collection of great travel destinations, it's gifted with natural wonders that will surely captivate everyone who sees it. The first time I visited Cebu was my worst, I wrote about it four years ago, I don't even want to talk about that. This time I wanted to give this province a chance.

As part of my work related trip, since I was traveling with my collegues and most of them haven't been to this part of Cebu, I brought them all the way to South. I booked an accommodation via Airbnb and planned our itinerary. Planning an iti here was not at all difficult since the popular destinations sit few distance away from each other and as I mentioned, it was my second time here.
I was very meticulous in looking for a place to stay, I wanted a place off-the tourist radar. Along the coast of Oslob, I came across this rustic tree house accommodation with picture perfect private beach area, Stay N Save. I liked that it's very accessible via public commute, from Cebu South Terminal they'd drop you off exactly at its doorstep, the bus conductors are also familiar of the place so you don't really have to worry that you'll miss it.

LRM_EXPORT_7459360116366_20190901_215531658

LRM_EXPORT_114756303058214_20190901_095938570

LRM_EXPORT_137777860822515_20191002_055008720

GOPR5719_1567302184784_high

GOPR5722_1567302151079_high




What I like about Stay N Save? It's a perfect place for both nature lover and budget traveler, they offer a cheap bed and breakfast plus a scenic view of everything.
We stayed in their Tree House room. Literally a tree house, like we have the entire trunk of the tree at the center of our room (it was cool). Then from the accommodation area you'll need to hike down a steep hilly stairs (this I hate) all the way down to reach their private beach, it's probably more than a hundred steps but it's all worth the sore legs. Once you reached the private beach, you will be greeted by its enchanting crystal water. I enjoyed taking photos in this area, it turned out the way I wanted my quick escape.
I felt lucky that I aced this place oozing with traquility and charm.

12nn the following day we checked out. We supposed to visit Basdaku in Moalboal but my friends decided to spend the entire day for Aguinid and Kawasan Falls, instead. From Stay N Save (Tan awan, Oslob) along the highway, we waited for a bus heading to Bato Terminal, from Bato Terminal we rode a tricycle to the registration area of Aguinid (Samboan).
Not sure since the entrance fee changed but it's now 300 per head, with tour guide and gears included. I know how exhausting Aguinid Falls could be and I think P300 is fairly acceptable. During my first visit we only reached the fourth level (I thought it was extreme enough). That's the reason why  I urged my friends to try Aguinid Falls, I enjoyed my first visit without me knowing what lies ahead when we reached the fifth level. I'm not into extremes but I had no choice, there's no other way out but push myself to finish all the stages and I did. Aside from all the extremes, you will surely fall in love by the eight cascading tiers of Aguinid. You can take photos from different rock formations of each level. This has been my favorite in South Cebu.
LRM_EXPORT_1284054695845_20190901_235643216

LRM_EXPORT_7882350817314_20190901_220234649

LRM_EXPORT_7784030524770_20190901_220056329




After the exhilarating water activity in Aguinid Falls, it's time to visit the most popular waterfalls in the South, Kawasan Falls. Located in Badian Cebu, Kawasan Falls boasts a swimmingpool-like water, I don't know if it's just me but if you have visited Kawasan you'd maybe agree that its water looks unreal. Nothing's changed from my last visit aside from the cemented walkway and bridges, also the bamboo raft was no longer there (or maybe temporarily unavailable). We spent rest of the afternoon in Kawasan Falls, no photo sesh, we were just enjoying the cold water.

Another popular activity in Kawasan is the Canyoneering. Not something that I look forward of trying, it was my second time in Badian but I have not tried it, not even a slightest desire to do it. For thrill seekers you can approach any locals in the area, most of the time they would approach you first.

How to get to South Cebu Destinations:

- South Bus Terminal: P178
- From the accommodation of your choice (Oslob) to Bato Terminal via bus : around P30
- From Bato Terminal hire ride a tricyle to Aguinid - P10/pax

- After Aguinid Falls you need to ride a bus going to Badian, ask the bus conductor to drop you off Kawasan entry point.
- From the entry point it's a 20 minute walk to the falls. entrance fee is 45 pesos 


I hope this article would help you, I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN CEBU.


All the expenses on the article posted were covered and shouldered by Lagaw Eats unless otherwise stated. The opinions and reviews for collaboration features were honest and no bias based on his experience.


See other related articles here:

https://lagaweats.blogspot.com/2019/11/siargao-island-surigao-del-norte-where.html

https://lagaweats.blogspot.com/2019/07/playa-la-caleta-morong-bataan.html

https://www.travelustph.com/2019/06/the-seashore-beach-club-world-class.html

https://gretastravels.com/cebu-itinerary/







1 comment: