It was my first time in Ormoc City , first time in Leyte to be honest. I was here for more than two days, not to explore the best desti...

Ormoc City Food Park Barbecue Plaza- LEYTE

September 17, 2019 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments





IMG_20190908_194118
It was my first time in Ormoc City, first time in Leyte to be honest. I was here for more than two days, not to explore the best destinations of the province but it's a work related trip. Work related or for leisure, trying out the food is a no escape, if you go travel it's likely that you get to try the best food establishment in the area. So for those who plan to travel in Leyte, or if you're coming from Cebu visiting Kalanggaman Island you might see this blog helpful where to eat in Ormoc.

It's not a list of good restaurants or list of where to eat, ok? It's a food park we tried in Ormoc, the Ormoc City Food Park Barbecue Plaza. If you are looking for good food with value for money, I would strongly suggest this place, this one's a must visit. We were supposed to dine at one of the restaurants in the area that serves seafood (you know I love seafood), but when we checked the food here we got our feet glued. Seeing the long line of seafood and meat vendors made me thrill to try everything, I could see freshly caught fish, shrimps and clams, marinated chicken and pork, seaweeds (lato), chicken and pork intestines (isaw ng manok at baboy), hanging rice (puso), etc.




IMG_20190908_193752

IMG_20190908_193808

received_437078410540226




IMG_20190908_194527

received_465967217585346

received_719205415192677
The place was quite overwhelming especially when it's your first time there, plus the food they serve was relatively cheap. We ordered almost everything you see on the picture that only cost us P1500 (good for 6-8) not bad. I loved the buttered shrimp, it's cheap for only 150 pesos yet the quality was good. My friends also enjoyed the fresh Lato (I don't eat Lato, though), actually when we're still undecided where to eat, the Lato made us settle here, they all gave it a go because of the seaweeds (laughs). And of course grilled isaw and barbecue are everyone's favorite, it's best partnered with local vinegar. I don’t have the photos of the actual food, you know when everyone is hungry and it'll consume minutes to take photos? Like, I could imagine them cursing me at the back of their minds, I didn't want that. Soon as the food arrived we dig-in without talking to each other, all you hear was a humming sound of satisfaction. I would recommend this Food Park to those who will visit Ormoc, this will surely give you a pleasurable dining experience especially fir budget traveler, this food park is highly recommended.


All the expenses on the article posted were covered and shouldered by Lagaw Eats unless otherwise stated. The opinions and reviews for collaboration features were honest and no bias based on his experience.

See other related articles:

https://www.philippinesinsider.com/expats/ormoc-personal-blogs/

https://www.philippinesinsider.com/expats/ormoc-personal-blogs/

http://mycebuphotoblog.com/2017/08/31/out-of-cebu-discovering-ormoc-and-my-love-for-pina/



0 comments: