I was wanting to try Ma Mon Luk the first time I heard about it. I remember seeing it from an old show Ang Pinaka (QTV 11), back in 2007...

Ma Mon Luk- Banawe Branch Quezon City Menu

September 18, 2020 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments





DSC_0782_5
I was wanting to try Ma Mon Luk the first time I heard about it. I remember seeing it from an old show Ang Pinaka (QTV 11), back in 2007 if my memory serves me right. It was featured part of the top 10 oldest restaurants in Manila, since then I sought to try it but never had a chance to do so. I always consider myself a victim of geography whenever distance hinders me from visiting a particular place, yes I always play a victim (laughs). Ironically, in the midst of pandemic, I got the chance to try it at long last.

DSC_0775_2

Ma Mon Luk is known to be one of the oldest restaurants in the Manila, established in 1920, named after a Chinese immigrant whom we owe this almost a hundred year old resto. This witnessed generations of good old days, it preserves a long standing Pinoy-Chinese taste that never changed through the years. Ma Mon Luk is popular for the Siopao and Chicken Noodle Soup, their competitors come and go but this restaurant remain stable for many decades up until now.

DSC_0783_2 
 



Since the steam bun and the chicken noodle soup became its trademark, true to all the good feedback I read and heard, I was not surprise to notice that every customer who dine-in has the pair of siopao and the soup, we also tried the siomai just out of curiousity but I did not like it as much as Iiked the two best sellers, honestly. The siopao of Ma Mon Luk is not the tradional siopao we are all used to, it doesn't have a soft dough, it's like a regular bread in disguise of a soft white siopao but it's really good. We visited the Banawe Branch in QC, the restaurant offers a simple yet comfortable vibe, it doesn't show off a fancy interior but you know it serves a good food when parking area is full even during off-peak hours.

DSC_0763_1





IMG_20200917_140912

IMG_20200917_141022

I had a satisfying lunch, and I will definitely go back if I have a chance. Thanks Ma Mon Luk for not failing my expectation. 

MA MON LUK MENU:

House Special

Large Mami P150
Regular Mami P140
Beef Mami P 160
Siomai (2pcs) P70

Siopaos

Special Siopao P90
Regular Siopao P70
Bola Bola P70
Mongo Siopao P70

Pancit Canton P140
Lumpiang Shanghai P140

Prices may change without prior notice.

Address: Banawe, Quezon Avenue, Quezon City




0 comments: