I'm not a plant person, I buy small cute plants whenever I go to baguio or other provinces for pasalubong but I never intend to buy one...

Greenhouse Cafe Tagaytay- Plant-theme Restaurant- Menu List

December 29, 2020 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments

IMG_20201228_013612

I'm not a plant person, I buy small cute plants whenever I go to baguio or other provinces for pasalubong but I never intend to buy one for myself, well I tried couple of times but I couldn't even keep a cactus, in fact all the wall decors in my room now are all artificial plants, I just enjoy looking at them (it's nice to look at them, I know) I'm a reluctant plantito maybe? if there's such a term. I can't take the responsibility of watering them every day or whenever necessary, sometimes I over water them (laughs). This article is actually for both who enjoys being surrounded with plants but never plant anyway and to the ones who are really into planting, basically for the green thumbs.

Part of our staycation at L & J Country Estate, ma'am Lani Diesta introduced us to the Greenhouse Cafe, a plant-theme cafe that houses different species of plants.

When I heard the name of the cafe, out of curiousity, I immediately searched it in social media, I think we all do that if we are not familiar to a certain subject or when someone mentions an event, name or a place. I got excited when I saw the photos of other bloggers who already visited Greenhouse, I thought it was worth to pay a visit, too.

DSC_0119_1

IMG_20201228_013751




DSC_0163 (1)

IMG_20201227_155113 IMG_20201228_014104

Upon entering the cafe, you will be greeted by its lush interior. Here you can see hanging and potted plants of all sizes, even the staff were wearing green uniforms as they serve plus the perfect cold weather of Tagaytay. I love how the owner came up with the idea of a greenhouse cafe, it was genius. We also had a chance to talk to its owner, he shared the story of how they started in the midst of pandemic. They started the idea in October of 2020, they run a plant propagation business, the place was originally a showroom for plants they sell and little by little they had the hunch of stepping it up and establish a restaurant at the same time, it was a leap of faith according to the owner.

From a plant business showroom it took them a month to convert it to a themed restaurant (just a month of preparation) and the rest is history. Bloggers started posting photos online, celebrities started coming in, and now as I write this article I hope this will entice people to visit the cafe, too.

As a diner, food quality is still vital to sustain the returning customers, good concept only plays a part in the intial impression. Surprisingly, this quaint looking resto possesses both quality. My friends enjoyed the pasta dishes, the others tried the Baby Back Ribs, I tried the Hungarian Sausage, we ordered different meals so we could try. I was not expecting much from this cafe but all the food they served was delicious. You must also try their cakes especially the mango cheese cake, I so loved it, it's true when the owner said it melts in your mouth.

IMG_20201228_013203

received_225696382333896




received_829340771251319

HERE'S THE MENU LIST OF GREENHOUSE CAFE:

 

APPETIZERS

Onion Rings- 190

Mozzarella Sticks- 200

Buffalo Wings- 220

Lemon Pepper Wings- 220

Cheesy Quesadillas- 220

 

SOUPS

Broccoli Soup-190

Carrot Soup-190

Fresh Mushroom Soup-190

Corn Soup- 190

 

SALADS

Caesar Salad- 190

Sicilian Salad- 190

Watermelon Salad- 190

 

PASTA

Pesto- 210

Italian Bolognese- 210

Carbonara-210

Aglio Olio-210

Shrimp and Mushroom Ragout-230

Mac N' Cheese-210

Baked Macaroni-250


RICE MEALS

Grilled Hungarian Sausage- 270

Gluten Free Italian Fennel- 270

Signature Adobo Pork Belly Slab- 290

Grilled Prawns Kebab-290

Hickory Baby Back Ribs-320

Charcoal Grilled Chicken BBQ- 270

Beer Butter Fish Fillet-270

Crispy Pork Belly-270

USDA short Plate Beef Salpicao-270

USDA angus Beef Tapsilog-200

Dagupan Bangsilog-200

If you want to brag a post in social media, Greenhouse Cafe is the perfect place to visit, you will not run out of good photos here, that's for sure. Elegant looking interiors, generous serving of food and accommodating staff were the reasons why I would love to revisit Greenhouse Cafe. I will add this to the list of my go-to-places in Tagaytay. Two thumbs up.

HOW TO GET THERE:

Due to the pandemic, bus operations are still limited, currently there are buses available from PITX heading to Cavite. Tell the driver to drop you off Mater Dei Academy (Enrile St), it’s  around five minute walk, from there you’ll reach Greenhouse/Casa Celina.  

FOR PRIVATE VEHICLE just pin Greenhouse CafĂ© or Casa Celina Tagaytay, the app will provide the easiest route for sure. 

For updated rates and reservation you may send a direct message to their fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/Greenhousecafetagaytay






0 comments: