I’m a big Pansit lover, that’s why ACC Pateros is one of my favorite restaurants because they serve the best Pansit I had ever tasted, a mi...

Bruno's Pansit Batil Patung- Kamuning Quezon City

April 20, 2019 Lagaw Eats 0 Comments

UntitledI’m a big Pansit lover, that’s why ACC Pateros is one of my favorite restaurants because they serve the best Pansit I had ever tasted, a mix bihon X canton with kikiam, squid balls and lechon Macau toppings plus a spoon of chili oil is nothing but supreme palatable goodness.
For the love of pansit, I tried several pansit recipes like pansit malabon, pansit palabok, habhab, pansit bato, chami, etc. But have you heard of Pansit Batil Patung? Yes, that sounds a bit weird. According to the locals of the north, “Batil” is an Ibanag word for mix while of course “Patung” means to put on top, so the Batil Patung means to put the mixture on top. For my readers please correct me if I’m wrong.









I first tried Pansit Batil Patung when we drove north, a friend who happened to be a local from Tuguegarao introduced this pansit, and from then on I couldn’t get over to its taste, I always crave for Batil Patung. For quite a few times I tried Batil Patung here in Manila, I looked for diners that serve this pansit that I hoped somehow close to Cagayan’s version but picky palate seemed unhappy for it, I tried one in Taguig and also in Marikina but I reckon the taste is not even close to the local version. While browsing all the facebook stories I came across a post from a travel blogger, I saw his commendable photos of Pansit Batil Patung in QC (near kamuning) Bruno’s Pansit Batil Patung, since I work in Delta Quezon City it’s not too much hassle to drive pass that location, we paid a visit crossing our fingers that the pansit would be as great as the local version we were craving for.






Bruno’s Pansit Batil Patung is located at Kamuning Road, 11th Jamboree, QC. (Their new location). Bruno’s is a small diner, it’s more of a carenderia than a restaurant, the place is simple yet customers were coming in and out (a good sign that the food is good).

To my excitement I immediately scanned the menu, I was a little torn between the Hataw and the Super, I am known to be a takaw tingin (I order more than I can actually consume). So I asked the waitress, I settled for just the Super since for many instances the Manila versions were always a disappointment, I don’t want to end up leaving my plate untouched and offend Bruno’s staff.

We waited for 20 minutes, I was busy taking photos, the next thing I know the food were already on the table.
Untitled

Untitled
Pansit Batil Patung is a pansit topped with Carabao meat and Egg, also putting sukang Ilocos on your pansit is also a must when you eat it, it won’t be as good as it should without the local vinegar. Bruno’s version is the best batil patung I had tried here in Manila, of course nothing beats the local but this one is decent and almost close to the local version, I loved it.
Though I heard some negative feedback from other customers of Bruno’s but my experience says otherwise, in fact the owner (I forgot her name, I just called her nanay) was very accommodating, she sit next to our table and entertained us with her stories on how they started the business. Sometimes, the customer experience compensate what is lacking on the food and that’s how I felt in Bruno’s. It may not be the best Batil Patung but I had a pleasurable dining experience that would make me want to go back.
Let me also share, they sell Yema de Ynanag. I bought a pack of yema and it was really good. 

SAMPLE MENU:

Batil Patung








Hataw- 120
Super- 90
Special- 80
Regular- 70

Add ons:
Chorizo- 20
Longanisa- 20
Egg- 15

Pansit sa bilao

350- 4-6 pax
450- 7-9 pax
600- 10-14 pax
800- 15-18 pax

Thanks Bruno’s Pansit Batil Patung for bringing us the best of the north and for an easy access to satisfy all our cravings.
Untitled

For inquiries and more information you may check the details below:


Website: https://brunosbatilpatung.wixsite.com/brunosbatilpatung

Mobile: 09177185217

Email: batilpatungsakamuning@yahoo.com

Address: Kamuning road corner 11th Jamboree street, Quezon City

Operating hours: 8am to 8pm


Lagaw Eats will continue searching for the best restaurants in the Philippines, always follow my food stories.

All the expenses on the articles posted were covered and shouldered by Lagaw Eats unless otherwise stated. The opinions and reviews for collaboration features were honest and no bias based on his experience.


0 comments: